Tuesday, January 4, 2011

True Confession

I used to be addicted.

To Lip Venom.

Let me explain: first of all Lip Venom is a lip gloss with cinnamon and other spicy/burning ingredients that is supposed to act as a natural lip plumper. I'm not sure it does that, but the idea is that it hurts your lips (like a bee sting) so that they swell and flush a natural pink. The first time I bought it and used it I thought "this is awful! Who would willingly choose this!?" and threw it in the depths of my purse. One day, as I was attempting not to doze off in World History 101 or something in college, I thought "maybe the stinging of Lip Venom will keep me awake" -- and it did. Then I was hooked. I used it, and it doesn't last long so I'd need the sting again. And again. Until one day it no longer stung. I started to google the more intense version of Lip Venom and then I realized: something is wrong with me. This is disgusting. Why would I choose this?! And so, I threw that little tube back into the depths of my purse and I've never seen it again. Which is good, because I could really for some right now...

Don't worry, now I use C.O.Bigelow Apothecary Peppermint oil infused lip gloss. Similar tingle, less pain.

1 comment:

  1. I am totally creeped out by the lip plumping lip glosses... i feel like they make me look like I got injections in my lips-- terribly fake and super big.

    I think all women have weird, and sometimes very painful, beauty regimens but most don't like to admit it!

    ReplyDelete