Monday, January 17, 2011

Just so you all know...

In movies, when someone turns on the blender and it explodes all over the place, we laugh. We also say to ourselves: come on, that never happens in real life.

Well it does, people.

This morning I was furiously cooking away for tonight's dinner. I cut a TON of onions and shallots into tiny pieces to make a caramelized onion bisque. While it was simmering, I changed into workout clothes. I came into the kitchen to blend the soup in the blender. Yes, the top was on. Yes, my hand was holding it down. No, that little plastic piece in the middle wasn't properly screwed in. SO hot onions exploded all over my arms, my shirt, the counter and the floor.

It. was. awesome.

Hopefully I will have a review of the recipe tomorrow (from the aforementioned Hungry Girl Cookbook), but I definitely took a long shower this morning, and washed my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment