Monday, January 3, 2011

2010, I will not miss you

 
I have done a bit of thinking in the past few days about the changing of the year. On one hand, the change from one numbered year to the next doesn't do much for me. It's just a number. A bit of paperwork. I never really see it as a big event, or as important to me. New Years' Eve is never as fun as MTV makes it seem; perhaps it's the pressure placed on it to be SO important. And it's not. 

But this year I feel differently. I appreciate the platform I've been given. The opportunity to look back at a year and accept that it is ending. The possibility that dawns with an entirely new year. And sure, I sat on a couch and watched a ball drop and that made it a new year, a new life, and it sounds silly...but this year, I believe. I believe that I can make a fresh start, and leave some memories in the past.

Obviously I suck at leaving things in the past. (If you know me, you're nodding right now) And I believe in the importance of hindsight. Introspection and retrospection. So let's review the year in pictures. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

In no particular order, because that's just annoying.

**Click on any of them for a larger version!**

Some of the images below are graphic and therefore not suited for children or anyone who doesn't want to see blood and head staples. :)

Oh, and these pictures are all from my phone, and bear no representation of my photographic ability. (What am I, a lawyer!?)
Um, we got a new house (yeah, where have you been?!) And CA has been having some insane weather! Look! FOG! omg.

Dad finishing 100 miles in the Tour of Palm Springs.

Vikings fans and their boy AP! Sorry my team beat you in the Super Bowl playoffs... wait, no I'm not. :)

And here's how it all began: Kate's birthday and New Year's Eve 2010.

Crazy fire of Tustin 2010!

Josh now has a trophy spot. A mouse lives right above this picture. I'll post about that later. ;)

You can't tell, but I made bread! From scratch!

And anxiously awaited the birth of Avery Quinn.

And took the best bath ever thanks to Bree and her amazing Christmas gift (also another post)


Chik Fil A. Because it's amazing.

Poor Koal: he got sprayed by a skunk (this was the second time), had J disappear and moved in with my parents for a while, got sprayed again, J practically drowned him trying to wash his face, and that was just August!

Bye, Vegas.

Pretty sunset over the 5.

We moved out of the condo! It's now being rented.


Our spring trip to Big Bear turned into a snowstorm, and it was delectable.











I got to drive this beauty to Vegas.

I told you!

The biggest bruise ever is growing on J's side...just wait: it will get bigger. This was a mountain bike crash in the spring.

The arrival of Miss Natalie.

Josh is shown how to walk.

Emily's cookies and J's floor bed as he recovers.
We went to a rodeo!

April showers: umbrellas in the Venetian, Las Vegas.

Remember when my closet broke?! OMG.

J raced a rented Vette at Willow Springs race course (the fastest road in the west). The Vette pictured is his dad's, and the same one I drove to Vegas. The tape is to prevent scratches.

Maybe don't enlarge this one.

Sweet Koal had a traumatic year. Poor baby.

Hmmm?

YES I NEED MORE CLOTHES. YES.

I told you it would get bigger!

DJ jumping in front of a beautiful sunset outside my work place.

Those windmills...I love them. This was the beautiful day when we took Josh home from Palm Springs Regional.

:(
Handsomest patient I've ever seen...

Sorry. This is gross. And yes, it's what you think it is.



From the photobooth at Krysta's wedding.

Josh and his mountain bike!

My lovely Bree came back to town and went on a bike ride like the good 'ol days with Erinn, my dad, and Jeff.

Real clothes in the hospital! That's good news!

It was fantastic, no? A little different from how my closet looks today...

Yes, he looked like this for almost two days. Disgusting, I know. Rather medieval, with the blood all over the linens.


Oh Bree. I miss her. :(
I'll leave you with this sunset over PCH from my car window.


Okay 2011, gimme what you got!



1 comment:

  1. I love the year in cell phone pictures idea! :) I think although there was some crazy things that happened in 2010, there were also some fantastic things that you shouldn't let get overshadowed.

    That bath looks delectable. Just the color by itself looks so calm and relaxing! I want/need a nice bathtub like that in my near future!

    ReplyDelete