Friday, June 17, 2011

The one pair of jeans

I haven't really bought any maternity clothes. I sort of refuse to have a separate wardrobe for so brief a time, although I know it's probably going to have to happen.

I've had people lend me things, but they are sitting in the bedroom under a mental label of "for later." However, I did peruse the clearance racks at Target where I found a pair of jeans (jeans!) for $14. Lately, I found that they are really comfortable as "regular" jeans really dig into me. So I wore them out to dinner last Friday. Then to a party on Saturday. Then Sunday with a t-shirt. Super cute. Well, I put them on again Tuesday night and J said "do you need to buy another pair of those jeans?" I said, "why? I'm fine with the one pair."
"Because you've worn them for like 5 days in a row."
(It was actually 3 in a row, and a fourth non-consecutive day.)
"Well, I mean, I don't think I need maternity clothes yet, these are just more comfortable than my little skinny jeans I usually wear."
"I'm not complaining about the expense - it just seems all you wear anymore, and I thought you should know I don't mind if you buy another pair."

So Wednesday when he got home from work and I was not wearing said jeans (they were in the washer) he had to say "who is this? Oh, it's K?! I didn't recognize you without those damn jeans!"

No comments:

Post a Comment