Friday, June 24, 2011

I'm a sad, sad girl

I'm so sad, and tired, of seeing my friends and co-workers lose their jobs. It's disheartening and scary. Today I lost a dear friend to budget concerns, and my days will never be the same here.

It's so hard to watch the landscape of your work environment change. We become accustomed to the same views, sounds, and activities in our daily lives. As a cube dweller, I have become so familiar with my neighbors, we have a special bond. Kristin is a dear person, and a great friend. When J was home from the hospital, she made us dinner and brought drawings from each of her children wishing him well. They had asked her what kind of person he was, what he liked, she told them what she knew and I got these adorable renderings of a muscle man with a bicycle and a football field. She would drive to Irvine every day from Corona (in case you don't know, it's a whole county away on a terribly congested freeway). She works so hard for her children, who are so well-behaved and polite that you know she is raising them well.
Kristin, who has these three beautiful children to care for on her own.

Please, if you can spare the time today, say a prayer for Kristin and her children.

No comments:

Post a Comment