Monday, March 15, 2010

Roses

I mentioned before that I planted my uncle Dave's favorite rose in my front yard, the Peace rose. He visited my parents one year and planted one in their yard as a thank-you gift for staying with them. I thought I could start a new tradition and plant one wherever I live as a little "peace" of him. (Sorry that was an awful pun, but I HAD to).
Peace rose:
Well this weekend I went out to get some more bare-root roses before they are all gone, and I found another "tribute rose" -- the Chicago Peace rose. You may be aware that my beloved cousin Bree is in Chicago right now, and I miss her SOOOOOO much, so I thought this would be a fitting rose to plant. It's like the Peace rose, but peach and pink instead of white and pink. Isn't it beautiful!?
Chicago Peace:





Photo credits:

3 comments:

  1. AWWWWW those are my favorite colored ones too!!!!!

    There is no better reminder than beautiful flowers! Thanks Korey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just put in my Veggy garden..and of course it's raining and cold now. Tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, blueberries and now I have to find something else that's really hard to spell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys have come a long way from tearing flowers out of the ground - but your still pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete