Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Some miscellaneous thoughts

I have seen the commercial for "Fright Night," the Collin Farrell vampire movie, twice now, and I really want to see it. I have a feeling it's probably really bad, and yet for some reason I want to see it. Why? I don't know. I have no idea.

I also REALLY (like actually) want to see "Crazy Stupid Love." Maybe even in the theater I want to see it so much! I think it looks really cute and I've heard that it's very good. Actually good. In fact, I heard radio hosts (male ones) expressing how great it was. That sold me.

If you are reading this from a place other than California, a more humid place, then I want to tell you something important: I do not envy you. It's been humid since Saturday and it's making me feel ill. I do not like it.

Let's say, theoretically, that there was a "Pretty Little Liars" marathon on ABC Family. If this were true, I would NOT be watching it. Actually I'm not paying attention and I have no idea what this show is about, which is absurd for an ABC Family show.

Now to more sophisticated things: read this article on 30 books to read before you're thirty. I'd argue that, catchy titles aside, they are thirty books everyone should read before they die, as they are classics and will not lose appeal after 29.99 years of age. I have only read 8.5 of these, and by no stretch of the imagination should you think I intend to read these specific books (all of them, at least) but it might remind you of a few you wanted to try. My suggestion, as always, is to seek book inspiration from the Banned Books List. I will probably post on this when we are closer to Banned Books Week, but I take my rights (first amendment, in this case) very seriously. I don't believe in restricting information. I'll have to get into this topic in more detail in September!

"The Help" movie: I just read the Help in anticipation of the movie (sometimes I rush out and read things so as to ensure I've read it before the movie comes out) and L O V E D it. Perhaps a post to come on this? The movie previews are out, and I'd love to know what you think of them from both  perspectives (as a person who has read the book, and a person who has not).

Are booties still in? Those boots that stop at your ankle? I sort of assumed they weren't anymore, but I got an email from Nordstrom talking about them as a hot item for fall. Since they only look good with skinny jeans (on skinny legs) I never found them to be very wearer-friendly. Hmm.

I have a lot of posts in store, now! I have to post on our appointment yesterday, with pictures of our little boy's face, and many other ideas! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment