Monday, August 15, 2011

Let's get ready to remodel!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope the song from "Let's Get Ready to Rumble" is in your head right now! Here are some images from the last days of the old kitchen:

One empty cabinet!

Fridge sans my photos and cards...

The pantry is packed up--thanks to my mom and my grandma for their help!. This small pantry held a LOT of stuff!

Items stacked in baby's room and ready to be boxed (once I buy boxes and tape--don't worry I did that on Sunday!)

This wall will not be whole when you see it next...


Mostly packed and put away, we are ready to demo. It was bittersweet taking these pictures this morning knowing I'd never see this kitchen again (as I'll be at work when J starts demo)



I won't miss this cooktop. It sucks. :)

Really won't miss this oven. It sucks more!
All in all, there are really not any elements I will miss, so I'm not saying I'm sad to see it go. It's just that there are a lot of things changing around here these days and it's getting overwhelming!! Especially when I come home and, as usual, J is pounding away and things are different. That's a little hard to take. But I promise you I won't miss that HORRIBLE, UGLY linoleum at all! It was its time to go. Also, I want to tell you all that your kitchen holds like 75% of the "stuff" in your house and really isn't fun to pack up! My mom was making fun of me for complaining about it ("I just hate getting a new kitchen! Waaa waa waa!") and I don't mean to complain, but two solid days of packing just sent me back to last September, and it doesn't seem that long ago that I packed and unpacked this same stuff! It takes up both of our bedrooms just to store it in boxes and  bags!!

On ward to our latest adventure...I am really excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment