Monday, October 11, 2010

Productive weekend!

This weekend was incredible in terms of progress on the house. We got so much done...I can't believe it!

Jeff in the soon to be closet




Riley and his gun(s)

The "drywall-zillas" (don't ask, my dad made it up)


Mom cleaning the tub/shower. She's the best at that.

Hallway

Josh is working on the kitchen. Some new (temporary) counter tops, a new sink and faucet.



Plants are getting cleaned up, by me.


Thanks Linda and Jeff for the new flag!

Eric hauled all of these logs. Poor guy!


Koal is content in the sawdust.

One of the few pomegranates that didn't get ruined.

Like this one. They split in the heat we had (remember those two days when it was over 110?)

I wish I had a picture of Nora, hard hat on, shirt splattered with red, whacking the ruined pomegranates down from the tree with a fruit picker (fruit whacker?) but my camera would probably have been covered in juice.

Such a waste.

Oh and the tree has HUGE thorns!

D-zilla taking a break.

Cleaning mom and d-zilla.

In the closet. (ok if you laughed at that, get a life)









Linda did such an incredible job cleaning the floors of padding and nails and staples and dust!

New counter, old stove.

New counter and sink!



I couldn't resist a little fall decoration!



Me and brother planted these two ficus trees that had been in pots. Sounds easy, but like all house tasks, it was not.

One of the potted trees had a root emerge from the bottom, bust through the bricks here and go into the ground. It took an axe and a sawsall before we got the root out!




My much larger room.





The green drywall is water proof.




I mudded those holes! WOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment