Monday, October 4, 2010

Homework!

Not that kind...

I can't believe how much progress J made on Thursday night, with help from three very wonderful friends. By the time I arrived on Friday it looked VERY different. So I got to the new house on Saturday at 5:30. I set up some lights, put on my safety goggles and mask, grabbed a knife and crowbar and started to pull off the base molding in the first bedroom. Once that was off I moved on to the window, door, and closet frames. Then I cut and rolled up the carpet. Cut and rolled up (and pulled off) the padding. Removed nails from the walls. Carried said molding/carpet/padding to the truck to dispose of it. Now it's 9:00 am and I'm exhausted. Too bad because J has just arrived from work and he's ready to go. I move on to the second bedroom. J's friend Brandon arrives and starts to remove door jambs. I move on to the hallway. Then I tackle the mess in the master suite we're creating (by we, I mean J). He has torn out the walls, bathroom, some ceiling, some floor, now he's smashing the cast iron plumbing pipes. Then he moved on to framing (all I was doing was making a mess it seemed!). Well enough description and on to the pictures...

Before
After


Before

After


Some of the wood flooring seems to be in good shape, but because they glued the padding to it...who knows?

 I took this standing in what was once our master bedroom, the pipes were the in the wall between the master bath and bedroom #4 (which is being combined into the master suite) and the doorway straight ahead leads into the living room.
 Opposite view from living room into master suite.






Plumbing in the middle of the room is about to be torn down...






Special thanks to: Jason, Kate, Layton and Brandon. We couldn't have done it without you! Literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment