Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Nursery

Well, geez is this hard.

In an effort to create a nursery that is functional and not overwhelming, we're stuck debating how much furniture to put in this small room. I vote for more furniture (I think the way to prevent clutter is to create spaces for things to go) and J votes for less (he thinks the room will look cave-like). We're at an impasse, I'm afraid. Either that, or I just give up and decide we should try it with less furniture and see what happens.

Please ignore the bag o' crap next to the crib - we're a work in progress!

Now we have moved the crib to the right wall, next to the dresser/changing table, leaving the left wall with the rocking chair, small side table, and floor lamp.

 So the question becomes: how much storage do we need? I'm afraid we will need a lot. My ideas were a free-standing tall bookshelf or a bench under the window that houses three cloth boxes that can store toys and books in a pinch. I thought I could make cushions for it and sit a couple of stuffed animals on it...but now I'm just looking at what we have in the room right now, plus a wall shelf above the changing table and one above the rocking chair.

Advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment