Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Family Dinner

 Calla lilies from our yard
 Delicious 5-cheese pasta from Barefoot Contessa.
 Table set and ready to eat
 My mom made this delicious and very different salad of endive, fennel, apples, blue cheese, candied walnuts, and a champagne vinaigrette
 Garlic roasted chicken (this picture makes it not look good I think?)
 What do you do when your nice cloth placemats get dirty? Do you wash and iron? Dry clean?
 Green beans with shallots ands kosher salt

 That red dish was an experiment--quinoa pilaf with beets. The recipe called for golden beets, and of course my store didn't have any...but my mom loves beets so I used red...well the whole dish (zucchini and all) turned bright magenta. Lesson learned!
 The table before being decked out
 And after

Interesting quinoa dish, covered in scallions and chives.

Placemats and napkin rings: Pottery Barn
Napkins: Ralph Lauren (Macy's)
Having beautiful things thanks to your loving family/friends and a wedding registry: priceless

:)

1 comment:

  1. I want to get wonderful beautiful things!!! Can I register myself just because? :)

    I love your table, and dinner looks delish! Yum yum!

    ReplyDelete