Monday, February 7, 2011

Mmmm Thai Lettuce Wraps

Another Hungry Girl 1, 2, 3 Recipe that turned out wonderfully...

I couldn't find light Thai peanut dressing, as called out in the recipe, so I made my own using natural unsalted peanut butter, rice vinegar, cilantro, lime juice, and crushed red pepper. It was so delicious I'll probably make it again for a salad!
 The veggie mixture inside the wraps consisted of cucumber, scallions, cilantro, shaved carrots, and rice vinegar. Then I cooked up some chicken for the inside, tossed in peanut dressing, and assembled.
 Below is the plain peanut butter I used...it's delicious!
MMM. I think I could also have added chopped bean sprouts and edamame to the inside mixture and even less chicken and they still would have rocked. Oh and for water chestnut haters...nary a water chestnut in sight! (they are in most lettuce wraps)

Overall, this was delicious and VERY low in calories. Unfortunately, it was not a main course-worthy dish and we were still hungry. But that's ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment