Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Birthday, J

 Friday was J's 28th birthday. I feel like 28 is a turning point year as it is getting close to 30. I guess you just skip along in your twenties and they seem like they will never end. I'm not worried about that, by the way, it's just weird. :)
We went to Orange County Mining Company, which is very close to our house and up on a hill. This was the view! The bright cluster of headlights is Chapman Ave. and the ocean is out there...the left half of the picture...if the colors would show it.
We went with both families (minus Mark, boo) and had a delicious dinner, followed by an ice cream sundae bar at our house. J doesn't like cake of any kind, so we have to get creative! I had chocolate and vanilla ice cream, strawberries, bananas, Reese's pieces, M&Ms (dark and milk), mini chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, crushed Snickers, crushed Girl Scout Cookies, chocolate syrup, mini marshmallows, sprinkles, cookie dough, gummy worms and gummy bears. I think that's all... :) We played Apples to Apples and laughed our butts off. It was a lovely night.

I know I've said this before, but I really feel like 2011 will be a wonderful year for us. It has started off as such, and I hope it will continue. My wish for J is that he has a  great 28th year.

No comments:

Post a Comment